Terms and Conditions
WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY OUR EVENTS
The People Space's terms and conditions for events are set out in full below.
Attending the Event
Programme changes: It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the content and timing of the programme, the speakers, the date or the venue at any time prior to the event date.
Delegate packs/papers: If packs or papers are available, they will be issued on the day of the event. This documentation is made available only to those attending the event. Delegate packs and papers are provided for the sole use of the delegate and may not be reproduced whether in whole or part, shared or distributed by any method whatsoever without prior permission of the copyright owner. External speakers alone are responsible for the content of their respective sessions. It is the policy of The People Space to give the fullest freedom to contributors/speakers to express their opinions. The opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of The People Space. The People Space speakers will make every effort to ensure the validity and accuracy of the information they provide.
Travel: The People Space accepts no liability if a delegate is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
Filming and sound recording: The People Space reserves the right to film, record or photograph any of the speakers at an event for post event purposes. Delegates are advised that this may result in incidental inclusion of delegates within any recording or photographs.
After the Event
Delegate feedback: Following the event, delegates should expect to receive an email asking them to complete a feedback form online. We would ask this is completed and returned to us within seven days to allow us to continue to improve and tailor future events more closely to your requirements.
Booking and cancellations
Bookings: If you have any problems or queries with your booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07710979645. Bookings are ‘subject to availability’ and therefore we cannot guarantee you a place on any event.
Confirmation: Booking confirmation will be sent to you immediately for all on-line bookings. If you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours of making the on-line booking, please contact email@example.com or 07710979645.
Payment terms: Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated. The People Space uses PayPal as its merchant. If you are unable to use PayPal please contact sian@thepeoplespace to discuss alternative payment options.
Requests for invoices can only be processed with a valid purchase order and is subject to prior approval. Payment must be made prior to the event taking place.
Transfers: If you cannot attend an event, you can transfer your place to another individual. Places can be transferred at any time up to and including the day of the event. Please note an additional charge may be applicable if the new attendee is not entitled to the same rate.
Should the new attendee need to make any amendments to the booking, we will require the original attendant to confirm the changes.
Cancellations: If The People Space has to cancel the event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only. We will not refund the following;
- any travel or hotel costs associated with the cancellation of an event
- any fees relating to the joining of our network with respect to the event booking.
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The charge for cancelling your booking is:
- 14 days or more before the event - 20% discretionary administration fee applicable
- Less than 14 days before the event - No refund (transfer to another individual only)
The People Space accepts no liability if an event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
Non-attendance at Free of Charge Events
If you do not attend or cancel your booking within 3 days of a Free of Charge event a discretionary administration fee of £20 will be charged.
- The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to The People Space. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- We will use your personal data to deliver your event services (webinars, conferences, training and dinners) incorporating; administration (pre, post and during the event), communications, invoicing & payment, delegate lists (we are unable to remove you from delegate lists once these have gone to print), post-event feedback, quality, research and voting.
- In order to meet our event obligations to you we may share relevant personal data with presenters, venues, trainers, organisers, print houses, finance partners, connected communities, faculties, committees, district societies and external delivery partners.
- For more information about our data protection policy please go to https://www.thepeoplespace.com/privacy